Welcome to the Lakeview Community Association's online home
Lakeview is a vibrant residential community in southwest Calgary, Canada. We're nestled between Glenmore Trail in the north, North Glenmore Park in the south, Crowchild Trail in the east and 37th Street in the west.
Lakeview is within Calgary which sits on Treaty 7 territory, on the lands of the Niitsitapi (Blackfoot), Iyarhe Nakoda, and TsuuT’ina Nations, as well as Region 3 of the Alberta Métis Nation.
Enjoying the pop-up skateboard park!
Photo courtesy of: Sara + Via + Gwenie
Lakeview Community Association's AGM
You're invited to join us for the Annual General Meeting
Saturday, September 8, 2018
Meeting will begin at 10:00 AM in the main hall
Arrive at 9AM to purchase/renew your membership
- President's and Executive Committee Report
- Committees and Program Reports
- Governance Committee + Bylaw Review
- Vote to adopt newly revised 2018 Bylaws
- Facilities & Maintenance Committee
- Development Committee
- SWCRR & Traffic Committee
- Social Media & Communications Committee
- Vote on the logo competition
- Treasurer's Report (presented by the Executive)
- Audited financial statements for year ended June 30, 2018
- Operating budget for 2018–2019
- Appointment of Auditors for next fiscal year
- Nomination and Election of Directors for 2018-2019
If you are interested in running for the board for 2018-19, please contact Julianne, First VP, at firstname.lastname@example.org
To purchase an individual or family membership click here
(PayPal changeover in progress...we ask for your patience)
Our membership rates have not changed in 10 years. This year, 2018-19, we've increased them by $5.
Individual membership: Annual fee through June 30, 2018: $20 + $1 online processing fee = $21
Family membership: Annual fee through June 30, 2018: $30 + $1 online processing fee = $31
Why be a member of the Lakeview Community Association?
Successful communities have energized, active members and participation from volunteers.
Beyond visible benefits, a strong community reduces many negative influences impacting such things as safety and property values.
Ten Great Reasons…
- Community Newsletter: Keeping you up to date on issues and activities inside and outside of Lakeview that affect you. We do not "hire" out our newsletter - Lakeview volunteers put it together and delivery it.
- Community Safety: Active, connected communities are safer.
- Facilities: LCA supports a community hall for meetings and events, tennis/basketball courts, and hockey/pleasure rinks.
- Programs & Services: We offer programs directly such as preschool and soccer. The LCA supports other organizations offering programs such as Block Watch, Guides/Scouts, and fitness classes.
- Planning and Development: Your community association influences transportation, roads, parks, playground development, and traffic issues. The City of Calgary and the LCA confer on these issues.
- Quality of Life: Individuals take pride in their community & strive to improve the quality of life for themselves and neighbours.
- Regional Committees & Initiatives: LCA reps speak for the community on regional issues such as parks, major infrastructure projects in the area and social issues.
- Resources: Through community memberships, grants, casinos and special events, the LCA raises funds to provide programs, services and maintain community facilities.
- Representation: Your membership supports Lakeview volunteers in activities that represent our best interests, ensuring this remains a great place to live.
- Special Events: Bring people together with Fun Day, Family Skate Day, Wine Appreciation, Oktoberfest, and more.
Lakeview Community Memberships support the day-to-day operations of the community association and can be bought year-round by one of the following methods:
- In the Community Association office by cheque or cash.
- At Shoppers Drug Mart in Lakeview Plaza.
- Online with a credit card (please stay tune while we update our PayPal account).