For information phone: 403-242-8660 or
Why Be A Member of the Lakeview Community Association?
Successful communities have energized, active members and participation from volunteers.
Beyond visible benefits, a strong community reduces many negative influences impacting such things as safety and property values.
Ten Great Reasons…
- Special Events: bringing people together with Fun Day, Family Skate Day, Wine Tastings, St. Paddy's Pub, and more.
- Community Safety: Active, connected communities are safer. We have Block Watch programs with new initiatives on the way.
- Community Newsletter: Keeping you up to date on issues and activities inside and outside of Lakeview that affect you. We do not "hire" out our newsletter - Lakeview volunteers put it together at every step.
- Facilities: LCA supports a terrific community hall for meetings and events, tennis/ basketball courts, and hockey/ pleasure rinks.
- Programs & Services: We offer programs directly such as nursery school and soccer. LCA supports other organizations offering programs such as Block Watch and fitness classes.
- Planning and Development: Your community association influences transportation, roads, parks, playground development, and traffic issues. The City of Calgary and the LCA confer on these issues.
- Regional Committees & Initiatives: LCA reps speak for the community on regional issues such as major parks, major infrastructure projects in the area or social issues.
- Resources: Through community memberships, grants, casinos and special events, the LCA raises funds to provide programs, services and maintain community facilities.
- Quality of Life: Individuals of the LCA take pride in their community and strive to improve the quality of life for themselves and neighbours.
- Representation: Your membership supports Lakeview volunteers in activities that represent our best interests, ensuring this remains a great place to live.
Lakeview Community Memberships support the day-to-day operations of the community association and can be bought year-round by one of the following methods: